EcoAlbania’s open letter (click here to review the letter) addressed on April 5, 2021 to Prime Minister Edi Rama regarding the issue of Vjosa, which status is more valuable to be given as protection “Natural Park/Nature Reserve”
Managed (Category IV)” or “National Park (Category II)”, received significant media coverage.
The Prime Minister stated in the “Open” program of the journalist Eni Vasili that “Vjosa cannot be declared as a National Park valley because this would hinder the development of agrotourism”. In EcoAlbania’s letter, a meeting was requested to discuss more about this issue, as concrete examples of how in other areas of the region the National Park had brought more income as “an additional attraction” or “tourism brand” for the visitors.
EcoAlbania’s reaction was reported by national media with names such as Top-Channel, Shqiptarja.com, Fax-News, Exit.al, Politico.al, or Konica.al:
- EcoAlbania open letter to Rama: Vjosa should be declared a National Park of the second category (Top-Channel)
- EcoAlbania letter to Rama: To declare Vjosa National Park of the second category! We are looking for a meeting with you (Alhqiptarja.com)
- Vjosa Protected Area is not enough, EcoAlbania writes to Rama: Why the best option is the National Park (Fax-Web.al)
- EcoAlbania letter to Rama to declare Vjosa river National Park (Exit.al)
- EcoAlbania letter to Rama: Vjosa being declared a National Park does not harm agrotourism, but generates income (Politico.al)
- EcoAlbania letter to Rama: “Declare Vjosa National Park of the second category!” (Konica.al)